Time for more recipes!
Now if you don’t like meat, or getting your hands dirty….or getting your hands dirty with meat. I suggest you don’t try this recipe. As it requires a good pair of clean hands to mix it all together.
I do love hamburgers and so does Gabby, but what with my trying desperately to be good I’ve had to come up with healthier choices. So these hamburgers are still tasty but a lot better for you than a Big Mac.
This recipe makes five pattys, which feeds two, well it could feed more but Gabby eats four of them 😮 It is pretty easy to add or take away from this recipe. If you need help with that drop me a message.
Home made Hamburgers:
You will need:
- 250-300 grams mince
- 2 slice of toast
- 1/2 red onions
- 2tsps Tuscan seasoning
- 1tsp Mild Curry powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp crushed garlic
1. You may want to prepare your breadcrumbs earlier while your mince is defrosting. I just get two pieces of grainy toast, toast it, leave it on the window sill to cool down, shred into baking dish and then grill till completely toasted. Try not to let it get too burnt like I did ><
2.Once it has cooled down again use the bottom of a glass to crunch up nice and fine.
3. Throw everything in a bowl and then mix it all together. Just do it with your hands ( do clean them first) it mixes it better than a spoon.
4. You should have a nice meaty looking mix.
5. Get a reasonable sized handful and mush it into a ball in your hand. Then flatten it out using your hands so that it forms a patty shape. (please note that I have small hands so the pattys are not as big as they look).
6. Cook them on a low to medium heat flipping when one size is reasonably browned.
7. Now you can prepare the rest of your burgers. We used regular Bap bread rolls for our burgers. They’re my favourite. But you can also use hamburger buns or even toast them :3
You can add what ever you like to your hamburgers, cheese, bacon, fried egg, etc. We had them just with lettuce, tomatoe, BBQ sauce and mustard.
As always if you give this recipe let me know, I would love to hear how they turn out for you.