Before we get started this is our 100th post! Yaaay! A big thank you to everyone who has subscribed, commented, viewed and supported Delindel and I in the last couple of months. Never did we think that our ramblings about craft, makeup, food and shopping would attract the attention it has. So thank you very much.
So what do you do with those bananas that have ripened too quickly and are a little to mushy to eat? MAKE A CAKE! (you can just make the cake then or you can put them in the freezer for a later date). Banana cake is my most favourite cake in the world, then lemon, then strawberry and then vanilla. I love chocolate but I am a bit meh about chocolate flavoured things. Anyway Banana cake is best served with lemon icing :3 it’s my favourite icing OM NOM NOM! So I am going to share with you my Edmond’s Cookbook Banana Cake with Lemon Icing :3
- 125grams butter or margarine
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 medium sized ripened bananas (mashed)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 2 Tbs hot milk
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Icing Sugar
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp of warm water
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius
2.Add one egg at a time to the creamed butter and sugar.
3. Remember to take your bananas out of the freezer ahead of time so that they defrost or if you’re like me pop them in the microwave BUT not for too long as things start to smell a bit funky. They don’t have to be perfectly mashed before you add then because you can mash them more with the hand beater.
8. Pop it in the over for 50 minutes. Set your timer for about 40mins and keep a close eye on the cake. When you stick a knife in it should come out clean.
9. Once it is cooked to your satisfaction take it out of your oven and leave in the tin to cool for 10 minutes. Then put it on a cooling rack to cool completely.
10. While you are waiting for it to cool make your lemon icing. Be sure to make it nice and thick don’t add to much water. My recipe for lemon icing is not exact 😄 Just with how I’m going with the texture. If the cake isn’t cool yet stick the icing in the fridge which should help it to thicken up.
11. Now stick your cake on a dinner plate because no matter how hard you try with the icing some of it will still melt down the sides and if you are like me you have already made a small mess in the kitchen and don’t need to add to it. Pour your icing on the centre of the cake and smooth it outwards with a knife.
12. Quickly put it into the fridge to help set the icing! Once all the icing is set bring it out and put it on a nice place or in a fancy box. People will think you slaved for hours when really you just chucked it all the bowl and then baked it. But don’t tell anyone sssh.
Now before I could take a photo the cake disappeared so here is a photo I found on the internet which is pretty damn close to what I made. Just click the picture for the original location. I don’t own this picture but all the others are mine. I’ll try and update with a picture of my own banana cake with icing. EDIT: I added the new pictured 🙂
So thanks everyone! Hope you give the banana cake a go. If you do let me know :3