This is one of my favourite comfort foods, it is also super easy and you can leave it to cook itself (naturally you do have to check every now and then).
My mama first came up with the recipe for Garlic Pasta which is pasta with olive oil, raw garlic and parmesan cheese which you can add bacon and mushrooms to if you please. I wanted something a little bit different so one day after my late night at work I came home and added all sorts of things to the usual garlic pasta.
The recipe I am providing you with feed me and Gabby with a little bit for lunch the next day. You can add and subtract to your own liking.
To make my yummy Chicken Garlic Pasta you will need:
300 grams of Chicken Breast skinless and boneless
1/4 pack of Fettuccine Pasta
3 cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
Garlic Herb Salt
1 medium Tomatoes
Grated Parmesan Cheese (not pictured I forgot T_T)
Note: To be honest I do not know the exact measurements of everything as I sort of generally make it up as I go along.
1. Salt boiling water in a pot and add pasta.
2. While pasta is cooking chop the chicken into smallish cubes and brown.
3. While chicken is browning sprinkle liberally with the herby garlic salt.
4. Chop the mushrooms, capsicum and tomatoes and add to the chicken once reasonably cooked. You may wish to add a little bit of olive oil to the mix so nothing sticks.
5. Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, drain and add olive oil and the chopped garlic. You may wish to put it back in the pot as it makes mixing everything so much easier.
6.Also grate as much as you like parmesan cheese through the garlic pasta. I also like to be quite liberal with this part.
7. Once you are satisfied the veges and chicken is cooked add to the pasta and stir through.
8. Serve with garlic bread or just on its own and enjoy!
This pasta always looks as though you went to heaps of trouble! I also found out when I had a dinner quest who could not eat dairy that is tastes amazing with out the cheese, you may wish to add a little bit of mixed herbs though.
If you have any questions or want anything explained better drop me an email or a comment.