Today I have for you a very quick and delicious dinner idea! When I’m feeling a bit lazy or busy (as I usually am), cooking dinner always seems like such a chore, and my lads don’t have a clue how to cook (Brother-In-Law once messed up re-heating frozen chicken patties). However, my home-crumbed pork schnitzel is a simple and delicious meal that is just that little bit more special than the store-bought crumbed stuff (blech!). I forgot to take many photos unfortunately, but I’m sure you’ll all survive.
You will need:
- Pork schnitzel (2 per person is usually good)
- Plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 or 2 tbsp of milk
- Garlic granules
- Tuscan seasoning (I use Masterfoods)
- Other stuff to serve with your yummy meat. I chose crinkle chips with chicken salt, and some boring chunky frozen mixed veges (as I said… lazy/busy).
2. I tend to do one piece of schnitzel at a time, makes the assembly line flow better. Start by coating the piece in the plain flour!
3. Next coat the piece in the egg/milk mixture – the whole thing needs to be coated so the crumbs stick. Yes it’s kind of gross to get eggy/milky/floury fingers, but it’s worth it in the end.
4. Finally coat the piece in the breadcrumb mix. I tend to go a bit “overboard” with the garlic and Tuscan seasoning, but that’s just because I love it to be flavoursome!
5. Fry the pieces in a non-stick pan using only a small amount of oil.
6. Serve with some chips and veges! Ta-da, easy meal plan for those of us on the go.
I’m sure you can modify the recipe to use your own favourite herbs/spices in place of the Tuscan seasoning. If any of you try it out, let me know what you use and how it turns out!